The SIST program provides the opportunity to work with scientists and engineers at the nation's preeminent high energy physics laboratory. There is no "busy work" here -- here is your chance to dig in to an exciting project and make real contributions towards furthering our understanding of the universe!
This 12 week program offers competitive pay, furnished apartments, rental cars, and more which is detailed in the Fact Sheet.
The SIST program is open to undergraduates currently enrolled in four-year colleges and universities in the United States.
Internships are offered to students majoring in Physics, Electrical/Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Computer Science. The program can accept only U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and foreign nationals (with OPT).
Important Dates for 2015 program
- The application deadline is February 9th, 00:01 CST.
- The deadline for us to receive your faculty assessments is February 11th.
- Interns selected for a phone interview will be notified by February 13th
- Interviews will be conducted the week February 16th.
- Applicants who have been selected for the 2015 program will be notified on February 23rd.
Do you have more questions? Check back here for our FAQ, real soon now.